Wherever a data link is needed fast and especially in harsh terrain where poor line of sight inhibits radio or wireless signals
- general purpose, cost effective, soldier friendly C4i alternative for fibre-optics
- rapid deployment, soldier friendly and without loss of functionality ==>
- when using P4/P2 and copper cables: D10 or (WD1a/tt) extends any Ethernet/IP data securely and transparently at up to 60Mbs/10Kms
- extendable indefinitely and in any configuration: point-to-point, ring or mesh
- perfect for restoring comms at collapsed
building sites, tunnels, caves i.e. Disaster Recovery applications ==>
- copper cables are not only 20 to 30 times cheaper than
fibre-optic cables but are easier and faster to rollout, retrieve and most
importantly, repair - as easy as tying shoelaces!
- P4/P2 provide effective and secure C4ISR Extensions for brigade
level and below. P3 feature integrated telephone handset capable of order
wire and VoIP telephony. Any device with Ethernet can be connected directly
with P4/P2s allowing full access and control to these devices right across
defence network; including video, sensor, computers, etc.
- P4/P2 are suitable for wide range of telemetry communications;
fire brigades, police, emergency, disaster recovery and mining applications.
Ideal in road tunnels and other underground locations without clear line
- In the Artillery Fire Control environment P4 are used to
extend data(fire solutions) from a ballistics computer to mobile gun batteries
over copper. Copper WD1a/tt offers a simple and effective way to distribute
both data and voice commands - in sharp contrast to fibre-optic based systems
- Integrated voice telephony operates independently of data
and can be interfaced into any telecomms network (i.e. each transmission
channel can be used as a PABX telephone extension between any number of
P3 units, continuing telephone operation even when computer networks may
- Integrated rechargeable battery provides stand alone operation
for up to 24 hrs - longer if unused transmission channels are disabled. P4
can also be powered from AC mains, solar panel, generator or any other DC
- P4 has been designed to operate in harsh climates with
high tolerance components, ruggedised case and pressure equalising valve
(no fans - i.e. silent operation in a weather proof case)
- Full motion video monitoring with Network cameras, including
conditional recording (motion, sensor or timing triggered recording). Ideal
Defence, perimeter security, Forward Observation Posts,
general surveillance and telemedicine applications.
- Mining: specifically in the underground comms environment,
seismic sensors and actuators, video and any other IP enabled data devices
are easily interconnected with P4s over copper cable (plain telephone or
reinforced) - resulting in tangible cost saving without functionality compromise.
Similarly P4 could be used as a back up for when main fibre-optic backbone
links are damaged ==>
'data links made simple'
products that meet and exceed most C4i applications