- Defence Communications Industry is an Australian niche capabilities company
from Melbourne, Australia
- we design and manufacture specialist data communications equipment and have an outstanding 16 years track record with ADF and other Defence organisations, including technical support and training
- our motto is 'Audeo Proesto' - 'Dare To Excel'
- formed in 1999, DCI collaborated closely with the Royal Australian Signals Corps in designing a portable, deployable communications system for voice and data links that use copper wire (DON10 or WD1A/TT)
- the result was a simple and extremely effective alternative to fibre-optics - operationally proven, widely used general purpose C4I data and voice links system that set the new standard in tactical data links - and that is equally of value in industrial and emergency applications - wherever a rapidly deployaed data links are needed
- the company owns several design patentsand manufactures through contemorary quality facilities
- as an active AFCEA member (Armed Forces Communications
and Electronics Association), the company has contributed numerous papers at industry forums in Australia and internationally. Copies of these
papers can be uploaded from Press and Publications
- DCI is an SME that deliveres what it sets out to achieve, does not take its successes for granted and really does 'dare to excel'